Thursday 12 August 2010

Made it to John o'Groats!



On Monday 9th August at about 2.30pm, I arrived at John o'Groats with my old bicycle having cycled 1121 miles from Lands End in 19 days to raise money for the Annette Fox Leukeamia Research Fund. With all of your terrific support, we have managed to raise almost £2000 for the charity which supported my sister during her two-year treatment for leukaemia.

I would like to say a huge thank you to everybody for your support and kindness over the last three weeks. It has been much appreciated.

A special thanks to those that helped me out on the way, offering free cups of tea, moral support, as much food as I could eat, grass on which to pitch my tent, directions, and for helping me fix my bicycle numerous times. Thank you Gurval, John and Lesley, Rory and Dave, Gareth and Jill, Ian and Graham, John, Andy and Andrew, and Jennie.

If you would like to sponsor me, you can still do so through my Just Giving webpage at www.justgiving.com/jg1983b. Alternatively, you can send a cheque directly to the charity, made payable to the Annette Fox Leukaemia Research Fund. Please enclose a covering slip with your name (optional) and address (optional) and a note saying that the donation is for sponsoring my bicycle ride, so we can keep a tally on how much we have raised. Please send cheques to:

Annette Fox Leukaemia Research Fund
Ward 7
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Duckworth Lane
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD9 6RJ

I took photographs on the way, most of which can be seen here on a map:
http://share.ovi.com/album/jg1983.lejog?tab=map

I will soon update my blog with specifics about the route I took, strange happenings during the journey, tips for others wanting to do the same, and with the rest of my photographs. In the meantime, you can read posts I wrote before I started the bike ride here:
http://endtoend2010.blogspot.com/

Once again, thank you all for your support - I am sure we have made a difference to leukeamia patients at the Bradford Royal Infirmary and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment