Tuesday 13 July 2010

9 days to go - back on track

I picked up the fixed bike from the shop this afternoon after cycling around Cambridge for a few days on their humiliating hire bike. They replaced the wheels and the chain. It's made all the difference. I suspect they did some other fiddling too to make it run smoothly. Gear changes are almost instant and pedaling hard doesn't make any clunking noises as it did before. So another expensive day, but at least there shouldn't be anything to wear out now.

So after four days of not training, I will really have to go at it in the next three days. I'm aiming to do 200 miles before Saturday when my sister and mum are visiting for the weekend.

I have just got back from a 19.8 mile sprint to the east of Cambridge. Managed to average above 15 mph. My previous best average was 13.1 mph so this is a big leap forward. I wouldn't be able to maintain 15 mph all day though. But I'll try!

The tent is with the manufacturer in Derby for repairs and they should be posting it back to me soon. Fingers crossed it will arrive on Thursday so I can camp somewhere on Thursday night to figure out how campsites work.

After the scorching temperatures of last weekend, I went out and bought a sun hat today. I'm sure I look very silly wearing it, but at least it will help prevent sunstroke and sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment