Monday 19 July 2010

3 days to go

I haven't done a proper cycle ride now since Friday, so I will have had five days off before the start of the journey from Lands End. I have booked a train from Cambridge to London Kings Cross, and another from London Paddington to Penzance. I will have to cycle between the London stations, and to Lands End from Penzance.

I tried to book a spot on a couple of camp sites near to Lands End for Wednesday night, but it appears you just have to turn up and hope there is space. It's slightly annoying not knowing exactly where I'll be spending the night, but I suppose I should get used to that! I'll set off from Lands End on Thursday morning.

I camped in the back garden last night to make sure I have everything I need. Things I forgot to pack for the night included a tea towel, tea bags, rope (for washing line) and something to sweeten the porridge with. I really need to lighten the load on the bike somehow. Maybe I should take fewer tools.

It's not too late to sponsor me:
http://www.justgiving.com/jg1983b

No comments:

Post a Comment